TCCoA Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Are those your pictures? That cross brace under the exhaust is different than the one I bought from Johnny, mine sits almost flush with the exhaust. Actually looks like someone worked it to clear the pipes.

Joe
Would you mind posting pics of yours? Mainly the center part where both bars meet?? Can’t really see what’s happening there.

·
Administrator
8,667 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread. I have a couple of the pictures that Johnny posted and a couple of mine.

·
Registered
94 Thunderbird
19 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
My idea would feature less bolt on weak points......a more rigid connector 1" I.D. round tubing and 1/4" thick mounting plates. I would use fewer bolts and use 3/8" bolts to make it easy to remove to allow access to the gas tank for removal and clear exhaust. I would extend the connectors farther back. still working on ideas.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
How about a quick two for one deal? I have a never used 36MM axle hub nut socket. it's a 36MM deep well impact socket for a 1/2" drive....buy a rear shock brace for $70.oo and I will include the socket. NOTE; I only have one socket.

I have two rear braces in gloss black ready to go..........$65.oo shipped to you door.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
OK..........I have two left...........unless asked to build more........these may be the last two I build for awhile. I have two rear shock braces in gloss black.............need them gone to have funds to develop sub frame connectors. Letting them for for $55.oo each shipped to your door. message me here for information.

·
Little Wolf
1994 Thunderbird 4.6
12 Posts
OK..........I have two left...........unless asked to build more........these may be the last two I build for awhile. I have two rear shock braces in gloss black.............need them gone to have funds to develop sub frame connectors. Letting them for for $55.oo each shipped to your door. message me here for information.
Interested in one of these for my build. Call me (707) 307-3506 or e-mail @ [email protected] please. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Hi....I can build you one........bare metal - in primer or what color? Cash, postal money order or bank or personal check. $55.oo shipped.

Ronald Tanis
12123 South 73rd Court
Palos Heights, Ill 60463

tried to e-mail you.it came back.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Well shipped out two more..............maybe building a third shortly for another buyer.

·
Super Moderator
5,523 Posts
Would the rear shock tower brace be used if I have the qa1 rear coilovers?
I'm not sure, but my conception of how the upper shock towers are mounted and the coilovers are mounted, I bet you'd find them more useful than the non-coil-over designs.

RwP

Reactions: XR7-4.6

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
19,043 Posts
The towers were never intended to have both the shock and spring load on them so I'd say something is better than nothing in this case, and I'm not normally a brace endorser(nor a rear coilover fan for that matter, but it's your car).

61 - 75 of 75 Posts