TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen they are now makeing polyurethane spring isolators for the Mustang Cobras with the IRS, Are the springs similar to the thunderbird? as they only want $25 for a set vs. the $50 I've seen for the thunderbird.

Brad M

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The lowers on the Cobra IRS springs are the same as the MN-12 uppers & lowers. Our cars use the same insulators top and bottom, the Mustangs are different.

cheers
Ed N.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,, gonna give pro-thane a call tommorow and possibly see if I can get a master list of all the bushings they sell (dimesion wise) and see if I can match em up to things on the Tbird.

To be honest I'm sick of the high prices I'm seeing for simple parts on a Tbird,, and out of all the parts made how come someone doesnt make frame to IRS Subframe bushings?

Brad

·
Registered
201 Posts
There's been some discussion on the SCCoA forums about this. This thread in particular starts to get a little into the physics of it (I don't know enough yet to tell whether it's correct or not) but the more I read, I'm starting to think it's really just part of the design of the IRS subframe and it's attatchment points; not necessarily a bushing material issue. Sure it may help, but I really think it's only a bandaid. I was going to try and look at some of the Corvette IRS setups to compare.

My .02 anyway

On a side note, I completely agree with you SplitPortBird. $235 for an IRS Diff brace is laughable. All you need is ~$30, a tape measure, and a welder. I really can't see justification for the insane markup.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Hey, who has the poly insulators? How about a web address or phone # so I can get some. I'm going to change the springs on my bird , and I want to change everything at the same time.
Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts