TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
if not factory, then what are some good springs to buy. i am new to suspension work so i am still learning who is reputable and who is not

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
No problem, I bought of set of Vogtland springs, but never installed them.
The car was just getting too many miles on her to bother.

They are very good springs though.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
Where to find Vogtland Springs

Look HERE on Page 3. Spinningwheels-SC also carries them. I'm not sure of his price. You can call or email him and he'll take care of you.

Both of these suppliers are just middle-men distributors who are at the mercy of Vogtland. It took like six weeks to get mine after I ordered them. They are a special order item made in Germany and distributed out of California.

They were $205.00 when I ordered them before Thanksgiving but they've gone up to $219.00 since then. Like I said, they took about six weeks to arrive - I didn't get them until after New Years.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry to hear you're going to have to pull one of the rear springs again to flip it.

I just finished reassembling the rear end. It looks great. it will probably settle another 1/4" or so once I drive it around and break the new springs in.

I got one of the front shock/spring assemblies put together today. I'll finish reinstalling it tonight. I'm still waiting on a installation kit for the other side (New Hardware) since I'm going to leave the old assemblies intact. Jason (FordPartsCounter) said it should be here Monday. I should have the car ready to drive by Wednesday - My work schedule permitting.

s that a new upper control arm or were you able to find new boots for the ball joints? I have tried everwhere to find new boots but can't find any for a 1995. I found the best prices for replacement front end parts at rockauto. I am going to rebuild my front end when we finish with new upper control arm and lower ball joint if I still can't find new boots.

·
It is nice
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
That is a new arm I remember him telling me. I have actually seen new ball joint for the upper without the whole arm somewhere but its not worth it just buy the whole arm. For the lower you can find just the ball joint but it is easier to buy the whole arm. I have mis-matched parts trw and moog they are about the same quality. I gotta tell you though if you find the front endlinks that have a bent shaped bar instead of straight pick those up because they fit easier. If you need any tips for removing anything just ask I must have taken everything apart alot by now pretty good at it lol.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts