TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem with their Cougar/T Bird. I removed the carpet from the trunk and i have discovered the passenger side rear strut is totally rusted out. It looks like the trunk lies on the strut area so I don't think there is a real safety issue here. Its just really annoying that I don't have a proper trunk because water keeps coming in from that area.

Any suggestions on how i can go about fixing this? Fiberglass?

Ill try and snap some photos tonight. Its hard to explain.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Depends how bad the rust is. Are you saying that the water is leaking in through the rusted out area ???

·
Registered
485 Posts
I gotta see these pics!!

maybe you should do a How-to while your at it. Anyone living where theres snow could benifit!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have had this problem..but im curious...since you are inspecting your car..looks in the front drivers side well by the E brake for water coming thur there...you will have to remove that molding that over the ebrake(just one plastic bolt)...then pull back the carpet and see if there is water or any signs of rust in the well there...it should be in the front if there is any.
The reason I asked is my bird is haveing this issue and i went to the junk yard and notice 5 other bird that are in there have the same problem. (Some are fully rusted out while some are starting to do it.)..
Sorry can't help you out with the strut problem in the back...I don't have the problem..yet lol, but I would take a look up front to while you are looking over your car it takes like 5 mins max to figure it out.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have had this problem..but im curious...since you are inspecting your car..looks in the front drivers side well by the E brake for water coming thur there...you will have to remove that molding that over the ebrake(just one plastic bolt)...then pull back the carpet and see if there is water or any signs of rust in the well there...it should be in the front if there is any.
The reason I asked is my bird is haveing this issue and i went to the junk yard and notice 5 other bird that are in there have the same problem. (Some are fully rusted out while some are starting to do it.)..
Sorry can't help you out with the strut problem in the back...I don't have the problem..yet lol, but I would take a look up front to while you are looking over your car it takes like 5 mins max to figure it out.
:2huh: Thread jack? :zbash:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts