TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear subframe is geting kind of scaley looking so while I have the rear suspension off I am gong to drop that too and do some work on it. If I am going to take it off, I don't really want to put the same old worn squashed out bushings back on with it. Are rubber bushings from Ford the only option for these? Are poly ones availiable? Has anyone ever tried anything else here, such as Aluminum? That might just be an all around horrible idea.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I have actually talked to a guy that used AL pucks for the rear subframe. He used to work for Bondurant school of driving. He said that the NVH didn't go up any and it improved the solidness of the subframe. He said " It was a very good modification".

Russell

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really, I would have expected that to honestly be the one thing that even I thought was gong too far. I just threw it out there to see what people would say. If Aluminum were used, how think of pieces should be used?

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
That's a good question. One that I also don't know the answer to. Let me ask him and see if he replies to me. I'll get back with you shortly if no one else chimes in. I plan on changing the bushings out also when I do my subframe build so i need to know also.

Russell

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
He said that he couldn't find any of the sketches that they had for the pucks. He said he remembered that the rubber compressed just a little bit and he made the suggestion to make them ~95% of the thickness of the stock rubber ones. Hope that helps. I am going to try and do this after school is out.

Russell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts