TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would just like to know if the suspension on a '94 - '97 MN12 is the same between the V6 and V8 models (except SC)? I know the gear is a 7.5 on the 6 and 8.8 on the 8 but are the control arms, half-shafts, spindles, the "works" swapable??? In other words, can I take an ABS rear disc brake setup from a V6 car and put it on my V8 non ABS drum setup??

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Yes,but the abs won't operate. All the axles,mounts, etc.. are the same. If you use the abs disc brakes you will need the parking brake cables and hoses from the disc setup.
Alan

·
On Probation
2,019 Posts
You might need a brake porporting valve either custom plumbed or if you can get luck you might be able to find a 96-97 that had rear disk with out abs. The brake porporting valves are upfront infront of the air box and behind the driverside inner fender.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, if I got the rear assembly off of a V6 I would get the cables, too. I knew the ABS wouldn't work, I just want the rear disc. I read about the proportioning valve so yeah I'd probably need it so I don't spin around on a hard stop.

Thanks, I just wanted to know if they were the same. I see V6 sports w/ ABS in junk yards all the time and they get about $250 for the whole rear assy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts