TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. First a little info about the car. Its a 1997 TBird with approximately 170,000 miles on it. Other than new shocks the rear suspension is all 1997 factory stock.

Well yesterday I had the passenger side rear tire off to look at the condition of the brakes etc. and when I went to reinstall the tire back using the 4 way lug wrench on the lug nuts I noticed I was able to tilt or rock the tire back and forth a lot.

Whoa that doesn't seem right? Got under the car and using the 4 way again I saw a lot of movement in the upper control arm to frame bushing. I checked the drivers side rear tire and it does the same thing at the same bushing..maybe even a little bit more.

I've got 2 of the Moog K8562 upper rear arm to frame bushings on order and since I will have the upper control arm off I ordered up 2 of the Moog K8588 upper rear arm to knuckle bushings to swap those out also.

I'm assuming their should be no movement in the upper bushing?

Are the bushings a major pain to get out? Any hints if they are? I've got access to a good sized press if needed. Will I need to get the alignment checked afterwards?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,130 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts