TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I recently received a part from Ford, it's a rear control arm bolt part (#E9SZ-5K751-A) - BOLT - 135685, it's the bolt you need set toe-in and toe-out on rear control arm. They sold me the bolt for $31.00 but the nut that secures it is DISCONTINUED. I have a useless part for $31.00 without that nut. In order for my alignment to stay correct I desperately need that nut, they may be a washer also I'm not sure. I,ve tried everywhere to find this nut, looks like it's 14mm in size. Please help, Steve. 94 T-Bird 4.6.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good morning, I recently received a part from Ford, it's a rear control arm bolt part (#E9SZ-5K751-A) - BOLT - 135685, it's the bolt you need set toe-in and toe-out on rear control arm. They sold me the bolt for $31.00 but the nut that secures it is DISCONTINUED. I have a useless part for $31.00 without that nut. In order for my alignment to stay correct I desperately need that nut, they may be a washer also I'm not sure. I,ve tried everywhere to find this nut, looks like it's 14mm in size. Please help, Steve. 94 T-Bird 4.6.
do you have a fastenal company around you? Sometimes they can help.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/locations.ex?action=search&searchType=locations&zip=&state=PA

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had the same problem as you. When I aligned my car I just found a nut that fit and used a large washer behind it. The eccentric on the bolt was enough to adjust the toe, then I just ran the nut home. It has been like this for over a year. My car had been aligned atleast 5-6 times after this for various reasons (messing with different setups, front end stuff, lowering, etc.) and the rear was spot on everytime even after rather spirited driving.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello Steve, I think you are referring to the rear lower control arm eccentric bolt assembly. The part you got from Ford is the bolt and cam assy. This comes together as a unit, meaning the bolt and eccentric washer are one piece. You need the nut - which is a metric 16 x 1mm and the eccentric washer that fits under this nut. I too had to replace this on my car. You need to reuse this eccentric washer. I had ordered a nut - class 10.1 DIN 985 (hex locking insert) from: http://www.aaametric.com/index.php?pr=Fastners#hexnut.

This nut is not as tall as the OEM, but is otherwise a direct replacement. They can get this to you overnight or second day. If I remember correctly, a bag of 10 was something like 10 bucks plus the shipping.

Regards

Mitch

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Never heard of a fastenal company, I can look in a phone work, since i'm is Phiilly I should find one, or maybe on the internet. Am I correct that it's 14mm in size? yeah the nut was fused to the bolt, they tried everything, It's gonna have to be cut off. Oh well I'll get it done for the love of the MN12.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I take it the nut is frozen and won't turn. However you get it apart, keep the eccentric washer under the nut intact because you will have to reuse it.

Mitch

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Never heard of a fastenal company, I can look in a phone work, since i'm is Phiilly I should find one, or maybe on the internet. Am I correct that it's 14mm in size? yeah the nut was fused to the bolt, they tried everything, It's gonna have to be cut off. Oh well I'll get it done for the love of the MN12.
If the Rear is the same as the front i have a whole bold with washer here.
let me know, times are bad but AS YOU SAY ill send it out.

-Maic

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called aaametric for the nut MITCHB described and they only had 16 x 1.5mm not 16 x 1mm so I guess the threads would not be compatable?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I called aaametric for the nut MITCHB described and they only had 16 x 1.5mm not 16 x 1mm so I guess the threads would not be compatible?
Steve, I was in error. The used the bolt I removed from my car and measured the thread pitch. The nut should be 16mm x 2. The thread pitch is 2mm. The part number on the bag I still have reads: D0985M16.0X1Z. M16 hex lock nut CL 10 ZN.

I am in Staten Island, NY. I can mail this nut to you. PM your address to me.

Mitch

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MITCH8 my address is Steven Koppany - 2813 Chase Road - Philadelphia, PA. 19152. This is great.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts