TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure this has already been covered but this is my question i have. i have to replace my brackets that connect to the frame and the rear suspension. the bushings that are on top where the bolt runs trough are completely gone. are these consider bushings or what i need to get them soon and dont know the correct name of the bushings in the rear end

·
Registered
570 Posts
The stock sub-frame mounts consist of three part numbers, all of which are obsolete:

E9SZ-5D006-A (bushing front-2 required)
E9SZ-5D006-B (bushing rear-2 required)
E9SZ-5D001-A (upper retainer-4 required)

The bolts (N805747S100) are also obsolete.

The sub-frame brackets (E9SZ-5D022-A, E9SZ-5D022-B) are still available from Ford for ~$20 each.

If you need just one upper retainer, I'm pretty sure that I've got one in my garage.

See this post for another option:

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=128007

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
And, if my first visualization is correct (that you mean the upper control arm bushings), they're available in Moog and AC Delco. Moog # K8562, RockAuto has'em for $42.79 each.

Fordparts.COM doesn't list the Ford #, alas.

RwP

·
Registered
2 Posts
The stock sub-frame mounts consist of three part numbers, all of which are obsolete:

E9SZ-5D006-A (bushing front-2 required)
E9SZ-5D006-B (bushing rear-2 required)
E9SZ-5D001-A (upper retainer-4 required)

The bolts (N805747S100) are also obsolete.

The sub-frame brackets (E9SZ-5D022-A, E9SZ-5D022-B) are still available from Ford for ~$20 each.

If you need just one upper retainer, I'm pretty sure that I've got one in my garage.

See this post for another option:

Rear Sub-Frame Bushing Kits
Hi my name is Ron , im looking for
E9SZ-5D001-A, at lest one , or if you have more then one my email [email protected]
440 223 2772

·
Super Moderator
5,162 Posts
Hi my name is Ron , im looking for
E9SZ-5D001-A, at lest one , or if you have more then one my email [email protected]
440 223 2772
DLF died a few years ago.

I'd check at the ThunderBird SC Shop ( tbscshop.com ) for one. Or SuperCoupePerformance ( Super Coupe Performance Parts ).

Or first invent and perfect a time machine ... (If you do, let me know! There's several parts !I! want also!!!)

RwP

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
There are these:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
You can also risk going with 98Mark8LSC. But doing business with him has been somewhat sketchy based on input from several members here. If you were to go with him, I'd advise that when you pay him, don't pay him through the "friends" option in PayPal, but rather use the "Services and Products" option. You'll want to send him 3% above his asking price to cover the PayPal fee for the "Services and Products" option. I'd say give him a 30 day lead time to provide you a tracking number before going through the PayPal refuting process.

You can go through SCP as linked in the post above, but it's a bit more spendy than going through 98Mark8LSC. The plus side of that being though, you'll get a tracking number within a day or two unless otherwise notified.

·
Super Moderator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
17,602 Posts
What's frustrating is I remember when 98Mark8LSC was unbanned(which he was before i was a moderator, so don't ask me why) when he took the mantel with DLF designs, he was quite clear to us moderators with his plea that he wasn't asking for full money down on his products until they were completed and ready to ship. I'm not so sure we would have let him conduct business here had he said there'd be month+ long production schedules with full money down...

·
Super Moderator
3,614 Posts
What's frustrating is I remember when 98Mark8LSC was unbanned(which he was before i was a moderator, so don't ask me why) when he took the mantel with DLF designs, he was quite clear to us moderators with his plea that he wasn't asking for full money down on his products until they were completed and ready to ship. I'm not so sure we would have let him conduct business here had he said there'd be month+ long production schedules with full money down...
Jay ran into the kinds of problems people run into in life. He got divorced and it sounds like things just kind of crumbled. Now he's generally moved on from the platform so his excitement for it is mostly gone. I do understand that part. As CDsDontBurn is saying, don't pay him through PayPal as a friend. In fact, at this point, I wouldn't pay him at all. I would ask that he make it and then wait for it. However, Bill at SuperCoupePerformance has a good product and is supporting the community so I would really recommend steering the business to Bill. The UHMW mounts he's offering at the same as what Jay is making, just in white. When the factory mounts were still made they still cost a fortune and not a lot less than what Bill is charging so that's the way to go IMO.

As for letting him sell like he's done; I don't know that having money up front for custom parts is a bad thing. As long as the fabricator makes and delivers the parts it's all fine. It's when he fails to do things in a timely manner that it becomes an issue. I know that I won't make a set of the shock top mounts without the money but I'm not asking for as much either. I also only do that because I'm not running a business but just trying to help out fellow community members.

·
Registered
270 Posts
FYI, after seeking Jay out on FB, calling him out nicely and agreeing to let him finish my bushings, it's been nearly 2 months and nothing since talking to him a couple days after the Facebook post. Do not try to purchase from him at this point. I'm like 9 months into this and of course was dumb enough to pay through "friends"...

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
of course was dumb enough to pay through "friends"...
I wouldn't say "dumb enough", but rather, not knowing of his "awesome" customer service....

It's funny, back in December we (Jay / 98Mark8LSC) found each other on the FB TCCOA page and we messaged each other as I was (still am) interested in the perches and subframe bushings. Had it not been for my wife's Taurus and my Honda both taking a dump on me within 3 weeks of each other requiring $4k worth of repairs between both cars, I was going to buy both the perches and the subframe bushings from him. Knowing what I know about him now, I'm glad I didn't because I was going to do the same PayPal "friends" option. If, and that's a big if, I do make a purchase from him, it will most definitely be the "Services and products" option of PayPal just so that I know I have an insurance of sorts for getting my money back from him.

Reactions: Zep5.0

·
Registered
270 Posts
I could give him the I know a guy who needs a set too. Maybe intice him to do them up. But you're right, make sure you can get your money back on that big of a purchase

1 - 12 of 12 Posts