TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have 2 tbirds both 95s but one has 3.8 other 4.6. The 4.6 is my daily and 3.8 a parts car. Does anyone know if the rear suspension parts are interchangeable? i know the brakes are different. i have some bad bushings banging around and just trying to take the cheap route for the time being. Im thinking about swapping over rear control arms if they're a match to gain good bushings.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Are there any good sources for aftermarket bushings that will last? Something like energy suspension?
Yes - and no.

Do a Google Search against the TCCoA forums for "Rear LCA bushings"; there's an Energy Suspension/Prothane set that can be coaxed to fit (but you get to toss about 1/2 the bushings in the kit out); Jay Richmond was making some Delrin bushings; I think Bill over at SuperCoupePerformance even has some Delrin bushings.

(I have a set to put in some Mark VIII LCAs for my Cougar; that's something to do this year.)

RwP

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
If you're hearing a rattling noise, it's likely the sway bar end links. That is a common issue on these cars. It is also a pretty easy job.

If somehow it was the control arm bushings, be careful with that job since they hold the tension of the spring. It is a big job. So big, that my mechanic removed extra parts when swapping my springs just so he didn't have to touch those bushings. Probably didn't want to ruin them. That's another thing: they could get ruined anyway during the R&R.

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts