TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard some clunking. On both sides of the rear sway bar the bushings have vanished.

1. Are they a complete replacement part?

2. Do you just replace the bushings?

·
8,239 Posts
unless the link itself is broken, then you can just replace the bushings.

Energy suspension makes some universal bushings that guys have used on their cars with good luck and they are poly.

You might want to search for the part number, I don't have it handy but i've seen it on here before.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Justin, when removing the endlinks should the rear (or the side you're working on) be off the ground? I can't get the bottom or top nuts to budge with the wheels on the ground. I tried using a 1/2" deep socket and about a million pounds of torque!
:uppoint:
Sideoiler

JustinH said:
unless the link itself is broken, then you can just replace the bushings.

Energy suspension makes some universal bushings that guys have used on their cars with good luck and they are poly.

You might want to search for the part number, I don't have it handy but i've seen it on here before.

·
8,239 Posts
We did mine with the wheels on the ground.

I would try a little pb blaster on there and tap it with a hammer then go at it again with a long breaker bar.

If you can't get it off then try an impact wrench, or a cutting torch.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I've tried the PB and hammer. As I cannot be trusted with torches (said the aged pyromanic, with a sick twisted grin) think I'll resort to the trusted sawzall.
Sideoiler
In all seriousness; I don't have access to torches, Hey! As an afterthought, I do have a propane torch I can use to heat it up. That should do it.

JustinH said:
We did mine with the wheels on the ground.

I would try a little pb blaster on there and tap it with a hammer then go at it again with a long breaker bar.

If you can't get it off then try an impact wrench, or a cutting torch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts