TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find the part number for this?
Are the end links on Sport package different from the regular ones? (I assume yes, but wanted to be sure.)

...I need to get mine replaced and will probably do it at an indie shop, I need to tell them to make sure they order the correct part for the sports model.

Thanks I.A.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,525 Posts
According to the parts listing on RockAuto it does not appear the sway bar endlinks differ (front or rear) between sport or standard suspension.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I just did mine last week and the books showed them the same.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Have to get my bird winter-safe/ready....
several things to get fixed: Loose heat shield, Sway bar end links (rear), some good winter tires...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Mine are same, noticed a knocking noise the other day in the rear of my '95. Back up on ramp, look see, no bushing on left side.

Remove both, bushing was age hardened and broken on right side too. I pressed in new bushings cut from some black heater hose .... used vice, worked great.

Maybe last a year, maybe 3 .... and then I can do it again?

Later ....

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Mine are same, noticed a knocking noise the other day in the rear of my '95. Back up on ramp, look see, no bushing on left side.

Remove both, bushing broken it hardened on right side too. I pressed in new bushings cut from some black heater hose .... used vice, worked great.

Maybe last a year, maybe 3 .... and then I can do it again?

Later ....
LOL! Great idea! I just bought new ones, but I didn't think to just push in new bushings! Great idea, again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts