TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a set of 17x9 cobras 2 of the tires were bad and the other 2 are in good shape... however the problem im having is that whenever i hit a bump they rub on the lip of the wheelwell... my car is lowered 2 inches so that is a factor... also the tires are michelin pilots and the 2 good tires a 245/50/zr17's they are really expensive tires and would like to keep them if i can ... i was thinking about getting this lip rolled in so that it wont rub ... would this work?? any other suggestions?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Rolling the fender might help, but it may not cure it completely. All you can do is give it a try and go from there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i called an autobody shop and he said they dont roll the lips but actually grid them all the way off??? does this sound right it souns like it would take longer and be more expensive

·
Registered
7,758 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
that's almost the exact tool I used on my car, but I rented it because it's a one time use type thing. I rented it from splparts.com, give them a call, it cost me about $40-50 once it was shipped back and the deposit refunded.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts