TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In getting my new bird ready for an alignment, the bolt from the rear lower control arm to the chassis that adjusts rear toe sheared off. This was two weeks ago. Since then, my helpful friends at the dealerships have been anything but...and I have now wasted $50 on parts I can't use. So I implore you all to help me find the correct part number and/or a place I may be able to procure it. It is currently too late for me to contact FPC tonight so hopefully someone can help me track down this part. I am in desperate need of this part as the car is currently sitting in the parking lot at work and while they don't mind it being there...I do. I want my car home...help me bring my car home, please!

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,523 Posts
The rear's lower control arm to frame bolt at the front? Or the bolt through the control arm that connects to the toe compensator link?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I think junkyard is the best option. I don't know how many you have in your area of NJ. Those bolts probably get scrapped 99% of the time. Just need to find a yard with a Bird in stock, and you should be good within a day.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
This is the rear-most bolt with the cam washers? I have a spare here from a rust free southern car. Send me a PM.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
This isn't as urgent as I thought. I've got this bolt, and almost any other bolt you may need. I can have them shipped next day.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts