TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of there RTLB, my buddy is trying to figure out if he can fit his exhaust inside of the RTLB in the rear.

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Nice!

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Here's the one I just bought. Installed it today. Was a loose fit. Some heat, a vise, and some muscle took care of that.:zdevil:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Here's mine I build.

·
3,734 Posts
Do any of y'all think I should have the other side of the mounting plates welded to the tube? Mine is only welded on the outside.

·
3,734 Posts
Yes! Mine was the same way...:eek:
Woah!:eek: That'll definitely be the next thing I do then. Also, I think my brace sits a little low and I have a lot of space between the bar and my exhaust. Would it be okay if I elongated the bolt holes in the mounting tabs on the brace? I feel the brace would be more effective if the support bar were closer to being in between the LCA mounts instead of being below them. Makes me wonder if the person who made your brace is the same person who made mine.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dude i love your brace, Where'd you get it and how low does it sit towards the ground? Could you show a picture of it from behind the car on the ground so i could see how low it sits?
I bought it used, but it's from SCP.

On the ground, no, but here's a pic on my lift.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Here's mine

I know the picture is dark and the pipes currently end under the diff, before the brace, but at one time the pipes were routed all the way back without issues. I ditched the rear most pipes due to a pumpkin swap and I hated the look of exhaust tips. I may eventually extend them again but I don't mind the sound and don't experience any fumes or issues and it's very easy to change my diff now.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dude i love your brace, Where'd you get it and how low does it sit towards the ground? Could you show a picture of it from behind the car on the ground so i could see how low it sits?
If you are interested, I build and sell the brace in my pic above for $75 plus shipping. I'm better known on LVC.

My M8 is sensor lowered, and I have only scraped it a couple times, with a full load of kids, on a good dip in the road. I measure ~4.5" of clearance.

Bob

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI,

I make my brace also and is pictured in above post by Roadrunner.

Mine is $50 plus shipping.

·
Administrator
8,219 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sorry... I just thought I'd offer an option...

Cheers, Bob

1 - 20 of 45 Posts