TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reinstalled my repainted subframe tonight and put JL's rear torsional load brace in. That thing was a VERY tight fit. Lots of persuasion was required to get it into place. The subframe is back up, the pumpkin is attached, the repainted rear control arms are all attached. Pressing the bushings out of the rear knuckles and the front end pieces tomorrow to put in the poly ones. Its coming together. Unfortunately, my headers still haven't made it so it'll be another week before I can see how it all works.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
I reinstalled my repainted subframe tonight and put JL's rear torsional load brace in. That thing was a VERY tight fit. Lots of persuasion was required to get it into place. The subframe is back up, the pumpkin is attached, the repainted rear control arms are all attached. Pressing the bushings out of the rear knuckles and the front end pieces tomorrow to put in the poly ones. Its coming together. Unfortunately, my headers still haven't made it so it'll be another week before I can see how it all works.
Yep,some cars it fits tight on..some it's an easy slide-in install.All depends on how close the rear subframe is to original spec,and how much load it's seen in it's lifetime that would make it settle.
JL

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car's seen 143,000 miles worth of settling. I had to stick a nut and bolt in the end of a rod and crank them apart to spread the mounting points as much as possible. Then I was able to get one bolt in one side and then pulled the other side in with a big clamp and some hammering. It took a while. It isn't going anywhere. I thin I could take out the bolts and it'd never move.

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
4 Cam Bird said:
My car's seen 143,000 miles worth of settling. I had to stick a nut and bolt in the end of a rod and crank them apart to spread the mounting points as much as possible. Then I was able to get one bolt in one side and then pulled the other side in with a big clamp and some hammering. It took a while. It isn't going anywhere. I thin I could take out the bolts and it'd never move.
lol..I guess it won't come out easily..check back on it after a few thousand miles..I think you'll be suprised at how much that Rear subframe settles,and how it springs back after a while.
JL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts