TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
I have a JBL subwoofer enclosure that will need a new driver. I believe I have the brackets for it as well. I will be going right thru ATL in about a week if you want it.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,060 Posts
Well it's going back lol.... metro Atlanta not ready to see this terror bird yet... patience...
The JBL opening doesn’t even really line up, with it(it’s more of an oval shape) I’ve heard of people putting 6x9s back there in the past, I think it would actually be kind of cool to use the SN95 Mach 460 deck speaker grills on top of them for a factory look, never seen anyone do it

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a JBL subwoofer enclosure that will need a new driver. I believe I have the brackets for it as well. I will be going right thru ATL in about a week if you want it.
Yeah sure!! I'll take what ever mounting hardware you have. I went on Crutchfield to find a compatible midrange woofer that can fit back there. They recognize that a rear deck woofer exist from their options. I'm just trying to be smart on the application. Since I ran one line through the firewall I might go high in the ohms as a precaution.. 4ohms or more.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
20,060 Posts
There is no direct replacement driver for it, they’ll all require some degree of cutting of the box itself, even my JL 6WO which was the best fitting aftermarket speaker took some butchery to fit, and the box itself is kind of brittle FYI, you’ll need to do a lot of repairs to the mounting locations after you take it apart. Ford made it out of the shittiest composite material ever.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

If you seriously want this stuff, send me a PM so we can work out the logistics. I'm leaving my house in the morning so if I don't hear anything I'm going to leave this stuff in the shop.

Reactions: Muscle&Thunder

·
Registered
185 Posts
Right one had the optional JBL subwoofer under it until 1995, otherwise nothing
What do you think about this for strengthening this are, they are for the s197’s. The boss had a bolt in one. I’ve read on here that the rear window on our cars takes a lot of the force, which sucks cheecks.

Hello all. What was the purpose of these two openings?? Also what year of the mn12 were these openings used for... View attachment 45888
You could do an infinite baffle with those 2 holes. Basically you seal your trunk area to your cabin area. There’s was a guy here, I forgot his name but he put 3 jbl 12’s in this area. He cut a big ass hole and reinforced the area.

these 2 post might help you.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
What do you think about this for strengthening this are, they are for the s197’s. The boss had a bolt in one. I’ve read on here that the rear window on our cars takes a lot of the force, which sucks cheecks.

View attachment 46094
View attachment 46095
View attachment 46093
This isnt the brace thread. But, something like that wouldnt affect our cars structural deficiency in the rear quarters. Youd need a brace in the sail window area. Right behind the front seats. Thats something only a cage will help, 6 point or better.

Not saying a brace like that wouldnt do SOMETHING, but it wouldnt fix the problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ehh it’s not that much metal for the added benefit.

You can keep it easy and run those holes in an infinite baffle setup. Mount 2 8”s in those holes and seal it up nice and tight and you’ll love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts