TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys i'm doing my rear uppers this weekend and this is mainly for anyone who might have questions on it... the arm itself is easy to get out,, the bushings well i've searched and alot of people say to get them pressed in,,but this is how i did mine...took the arm off, drilled out the rubber inside material, then used a torch to heat up what was left so it was slippery enuff , then i took my trusty 3lb hammer knocked out the inner metal bushing till only the sleeve was left.. took a sawsall cut a slit in the outer metal sleeve and knocked it out with a screwdriver and said hammer.. hope this helps someone ......not sayin this is the right way just how i did it..

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I cut a piece of 1/4" steel, bent it into a C shape, and used it to hold the arm from collapsing as I pressed it out and in.

I hate using torches on suspension components.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea,,, i know what u mean,, it turned out well though..

·
Registered
7,062 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,168 Posts
Quickset Deadbolt shroud. My hat's off to you!

I would NEVER have thought to try that!

RwP
(The guy who used various sockets, braces, and an air chisel to remove the old and install the new ... )

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
I just did everything with a homemade press and a c-clamp. I've made do with washers and sockets another time, though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts