TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made a trip to the j-yard last weekend looking for some parts for my Chrylser, and came across a 95LX that had some gxf on it. The side skirts look similar to SC skirts, but were fiberglass (and therfore were broken :rolleyes: ) The rear valence on the otherhand was in fine shape, so I grabbed the entire rear bumper.

What I can't figure out is what company made this thing. It's entirely fiberglass, and has pre-drilled holes along the middle of it so as to screw it to the existing t-bird bumper (as I found it in the 'yard) Then it uses a strip of vinyl moulding w/ 3m tape to stick over them and hide them.

There is no cutouts for exhaust tips. And along the bottom edge of the back, there are 3 indentations molded into it, they are not cut outs.

No, I don't have a pic yet, but will get one when I get home later today. I just thought maybe this would ring a bell with someone.

Jay

Ok, here a few quick pics of the valence, sorry the one is so big...

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If a better pic is needed, just ask.

Jay

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I have seen that piece on several very stock looking birds around here. I think some may have come from the factory with them. Personally, I don't really care for the looks of it.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
94TchikinV8 said:
I have seen that piece on several very stock looking birds around here. I think some may have come from the factory with them. Personally, I don't really care for the looks of it.

-Rob
That never came on any factory MN12's. More likely, a dealership in your area purchased them and installed them before selling the cars as a "sport" package.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
tinman_72 said:
That never came on any factory MN12's. More likely, a dealership in your area purchased them and installed them before selling the cars as a "sport" package.

That does seem a lot more likely, but I have seen them on numerous cars.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, for the price I paid, it's gonna have to do for now. I can't drop the $300 for a used SC bumper cover, or any of the Xenon or Razzi versions either. Maybe in the future. It doesn't look too bad once it's on the car, and it goes along w/ the side skirts I got from Homer. Now my only dilemma is whether or not to add a lip spoiler to it as well but I'm going to wait and see what the skirts/rear bumper look like by themselves before I decide.

Still don't know who made this valence, lol...

Jay

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! Didn't think Razzi parts were fiberglass. Must be an older one.

Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts