TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if any of you get Summit Racing magazine...on page 113 of the new magazine, they have a Sealed Power/Speed Pro/Fel-Pro engine rebuild kit for a 1993-97 Ford 4.6L SOHC..it comes with Speed Pro Power forged pistons, speed pro piston rings, main,cam,and rod bearings, oil pump, fel-pro gasket set, brass freeze plugs, plastigage and assembly lube..now will this fit the modular 4.6?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yes it will fit....that is actually the kit I am gonna order for my rebuild. Considering all the stuff it comes with, it is a great deal. Speed-Pro makes some good stuff. 16secondp71 bought that kit for his Crown vic and was happy with it. Though if you are gonna put PI heads on this motor you are building up, and you use this summit rebuild kit your compression will be to high for any kind of boosted application. I believe the forged kit is rated at 9.4/1 compression and that is calcualted at .030 over so that would make it like 9.2/1 if it was the stock bore, and the hypereutectic set is stock compression at .030 over. I think i got all that right!! here is a link to my old post for anything else you might want to know

Link!

-Derrick-

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well since the kit has to be custom made, cant you have it made for use with PI heads, and still have lower compression? because the rebuild this summer is gonna be PI head included

·
Registered
337 Posts
Well they custom make them for the bore you want ex. .030 over. I don't think they dish them. Anyway do what I am doing. Get that kit and just have your NPI heads PI port matched so that you can have a compression that is boost freindly, but you could still keep it N/A if desired and have the versitility of the PI Head.

-Thats just my opinion though-

-Derrick-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts