TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and the god dang king pin will not come out.

I took out the bolt that holds it in, and it was snapped off(the bolt broke in 2 pieces), well I could not get the pin to rotate enough to let the other half drop out, so I drilled in the side of the king pin, and got the rest of the bolt out.

Well, the damn pin still will not rotate but maybe 20 degrees, and will not come out.

I can beat on it(not mushrooming it), and it does not come out, even though it moves freely with some play where it sits.

What am I doing wrong?

I have another diff taken apart, and the pin goes in and out freely...

I'm lost.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm probably naming things wrong....but to better say what happend, the bolt that holds the crosspin in(the bolt that bolts into the carrier) broke, but I got all the broken bolt out, but the pin still will not come out..

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
How the hell did that bolt break?

I'm trying to figure it out and the only thing I could think of was one of the spiders seizing onto the pin, but I can't see you're car doing a one legger down the track!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
How the hell did that bolt break?

I'm trying to figure it out and the only thing I could think of was one of the spiders seizing onto the pin, but I can't see you're car doing a one legger down the track!
His car is a one legger.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
If it is an open carrier, The I would say it's time for a new one.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was a track lock unit(the whole pumpkin), that I pulled out of a junkyard car.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've decided to hell with it....I have another t-lok unit out of a Mustang 8.8.....I'll just remove the little c-clips on my axles, instead of maching the side gears.
Anyone see a problem with this?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
break out the fire wrench , get that baby out!

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
break out the fire wrench , get that baby out!
the thing is, the pin moves, the spider gears move, the bolt is out, and no matter how hard I hit the mother, either way, it just won't budge.
My hands freakin hurt.

I don't have a torch.......aarrgghhhhh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts