TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the window track that goes vertically down into the door, can easily fall down into the door because the screw breaks through the thin metal of the door because ford stamped an indent to it to keep the screw in place... both my 93 sc and 91 cougar have done this and the reason im saying you should take the time to put a washer behind the bolt is that when my passanger side bolt fell out last week, it knocked the power locking mechanism apart. it didnt break it, it just knocked the rollers that hold the assembly to the rivot in the door fell of... so we had to unrivot the assembly, put it back together and pop rivot it back in. cost me $5 bux at a body shop. but if you take the bolt out of the window track and put in the washer, the window track wont fall out and wont damage anything.

just thought i'd pass it along.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll second that

The same thing happened to my '91. The washer head on the bolt has teeth on it and they wore a hole in the door's sheetmetal. The track was laying in the bottom of the door. Put a big fender washer behind the bolt.

Mike Donley

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when yours fell out mike did it mess up the power locks? the 2 plastic washer looking clips that go into the metal u shaped holder fell off and the mechanism would move but wouldnt go up and touch the lock to unlock it or lock it. i wish i could have gotten pics at the body shop as to how to reassemble that piece, as there is no how to in the $125 ford shop manual for the cougar or tbird (we fixed the track at a friends house who is an original owner of a 1989 xr7}

·
Registered
321 Posts
No, I didn't have that problem.

Mike Donley

G

·
I've got a huge streak on the outside of the windows... one of my cars has tint and its not ripping it so its got to be something on the outside part when it goes down into the door... anyone else have this problem? and if so, how do you fix it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i have that streak too on my 97tbird. there is no noise when the window goes up and down so i guess whatever caused it is ok now. i thought it was only my car and that the previous owner had fixed it. maybe we should take a pole lol.

ps mike where did you get that spoiler it looks pretty sweet.

storey

·
Registered
321 Posts
Wing

I got the wing from Saleen. It is an S-351 wing for 1994-2000 Mustangs.

Mike Donley

1 - 8 of 8 Posts