TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I don't know about the Sherman T-bird rockers but I know they fit like absolute **** on Jeeps. As in they are made to fit over top the existing rotted out rocker and don't perfectly match the contours. If the T-bird rockers are anything like those, do not buy!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the Sherman T-bird rockers but I know they fit like absolute **** on Jeeps. As in they are made to fit over top the existing rotted out rocker and don't perfectly match the contours. If the T-bird rockers are anything like those, do not buy!!
That's the type of info I wanted to hear. I suspected that from the pics. I'm wondering if there are any other options out there.

I just figured buying a set of rockers might save a little time since they are preformed. Might still buy one just to whack patch pieces from and weld those in. Chances are this is going to be done by a old racing buddy that owns a diesel truck and general repair shop. If he decides to do this I'm just trying to save him some time. I'm sure that we will both be working on it and I'm sure that the price will be favorable. But I'm trying to keep him from getting to to bogged down and away from his paying work.

If anyone knows of another brand. For better or worse please post.

·
Super Moderator
1997 Thunderbird 4.6, 1998 Mark VIII LSC
9,518 Posts
Used Mill Supply panels on mine, didn't hear any complaints from the body guy about them... Rustrepair.com is their web retail outlet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts