TCCoA Forums banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Thats the bushing for the outer UCA, by the knuckle.

Go to your local store, have them look up k8562, the moog. Itll come up with 5 cross reference parts. One of those parts will be FB701. You cant find it another way. I tried.

Tell them your buddy from store 6761 sent you lol.

Ps the mevotechs are the solid metal ones. Which started me on this whole fiasco.

·
Administrator
1994 Cougar XR7 DOHC/5-Speed
21,490 Posts
These bushings actually seem fairly rebuildable if push comes to shove, the only rubber inside these bushings is between the outer sleeve and the inner sleeve the eccentric spins inside of and it can be pushed out. Leave it attached to the control arm, burn out the rubber between sleeves, make a fixture to hold the inner sleeve in suspension in the center and fill the gap with 3M window weld.

Only problem is the center eccentric sleeve has a nylon sleeve surrounding it, which is what does the actual pivoting when the suspension travels, and for me anyway is why I replaced mine since they were worn enough to not stay up by themselves when disconnected from the knuckle, but I feel that nylon layer could be improvised upon as well.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
These bushings actually seem fairly rebuildable if push comes to shove, the only rubber inside these bushings is between the outer sleeve and the inner sleeve the eccentric spins inside of and it can be pushed out. Leave it attached to the control arm, burn out the rubber between sleeves, make a fixture to hold the inner sleeve in suspension in the center and fill the gap with 3M window weld.

Only problem is the center eccentric sleeve has a nylon sleeve surrounding it, which is what does the actual pivoting when the suspension travels, and for me anyway is why I replaced mine since they were worn enough to not stay up by themselves when disconnected from the knuckle, but I feel that nylon layer could be improvised upon as well.
Ive been thinking about it recently. Not too hard since I focused on rust admittedly.

I know how to make bushings with polyurethane, but the nylon really throws a wrench at everything cause it cant get hot. Or will have to be rebuilt some how if its worn anyway. Maybe 3D printing can help with that? Thats not a tool I have though.

·
Registered
1994 Black T-Bird 4.6 DOHC TR-3650
174 Posts
Looks like the arm to knuckle bushing.

Reactions: Grog6

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Did you get the Delphi ones yet?
They hadnt even shipped by the time I got the AZ ones, so I just canceled the order to get my money back. Had several hundred tied up in all those bushings so once I got the correct ones I just wanted my money back. Though given the AZ ones are correct and in new boxes, I bet they are the delphi ones re packaged. Theyre the same dark plastic.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Delphi TD4920W is a success. Thank you to @jb351 for the part number earlier, should have waited on them originally instead of canceling when I thought the AZs were correct.

The Delphis are also, seemingly, going to last longer than the OEMs. As posted before the OEMs have the nylon sleeve running full length of the inner barrel, and had completely disintegrated by the time I got them out.

These have an aluminum barrel, with a rubber cushion, which runs against a metal sleeve (non bonded), which is then bonded to the outer sleeve. It still has outer (delrin?) washers but taking them off reveals a great design. They adjust easily but not loosely. Very happy.

They are on RA for $40. They were $37 when I bought 6 (3 pairs), so Im assuming the increase is for diminished supply.

Buy while stocks last is my advice.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts

·
Administrator
1997 Thunderbird LX
9,200 Posts
Amazon does that a lot. I'll have something on my wish list and prices will bounce around all the time.

Joe

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Interesting 🤔.

So as you can see from my screenshot here, it's $60. It's always been $60 for me......up until I clicked / tapped on your link. Now, as soon as I click / tap on the one I have saved, it redirects (or changes 🤷‍♂️) the price to $40.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts