TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a spare set of 1995 injectors that I picked up at the yard today, and I wanted to know exactly how I clean the things. I am kinda curious whether my existing injectors are clogged or something.

What has already been done:

Stock 3.27 rear gears w/tlok
Seafoam
Stock Intake
Phenolic Intake Spacer
lost weight in my right foot.

I am changing the front O2 sensors and putting the correct speedometer gear in relatively soon, as well.

How do I go about cleaning these injectors? Should I even bother? Is there a way I can tell if the stock ones are clogged?

-Ghost

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
soak em in some solvent...or maybe seafoam.

a good quality gasoline, which im sure IS VERY readily available in california should clean out the pintles very easily.

·
Registered
267 Posts
look on the bottom as corrosion even if the were cleaned they will still hold a tarnish color..check the orings for cracks...cleaners melt rubber ...also look at the wire connector look for corrosion

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the ones I got at the junkyard today look all shiny at the bottom.

·
Registered
164 Posts
From what I learned in school the only true way to clean Injectors fully is a sonic bath.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
no ofense but some schools dont really prepare you for "the real world of shops"

·
Registered
164 Posts
I dunno man I'm just trying to input, don't listen thats all..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Seafoam can also be put into the gas tank. In fact, I put in about 1/3 of a can in the gas tank and the other 2/3 went into the vacuum hose (from booster). This may help some with cleaning injectors.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'm asking because i have a set of injectors OUT OF THE CAR that I was considering reconditioning to see if that'd improve mileage etc etc.

anyhow, that's that.

-ghost

·
Super Moderator
10,580 Posts
A jewelry cleaning bath is a cheap way to get an ultrasonic setup...

Mine would only fit one injector at a time, but wtf... :)

I use it for cleaning all kinds of parts...

Works great for getting packing grease out of bolts or trigger assemblies...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts