TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. i've talked for a while about doing this, but i think i just might if i can get a finger in the right direction. i need to know if anyone knows of any stretchy leather or leather-ish material, with adhesive backing. i remember seeing something like it on unique whips, when they did tony stewart's hearse, and i liked it. either that or i'm gonna have to work on some stitching.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I would also be interested on any leads or product suggestions for leather or leather-like (or otherwise decent looking fabrics) suited for interior UV exposure applications and places to possibly shop for them. I'm looking for something light with a bit of stretch as well.

Possible uses would be recovering interior items such as the door panel inserts / lower door panel, sun visors, rear speaker covers, package shelf, headliner etc. I'm not concerned with it having an adhesive backing. Using a separate spray on automotive grade fabric adhesive sounds like a much more workable way of applying such materials to compound curves...

There's some projects I’ve been meaning to do but never get around to doing the boring legwork of finding suitable products to use. The few times I've searched the only stuff I find and like ends up being $$$. I would like something inexpensive to work with and get the feel for upholstering before trying out expensive stuff on my car. I'm not interested in my car looking half-assed. I want to practice application technique on some other unimportant stuff first.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there was a material at hancock fabrics that ws leather-like, but no adhesive. it had a suede-ish or natural leather feel, not a slick leather. i think i may pick up a few yards and experiment with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts