TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to yank the plugs today and see what they looked like. They looked to be burning okay, but the gap was .043-.046 ... so I had to regap them to .056, since people here have had good luck with the bigger gaps. Also, these are the double platinum autolites, so I will probably get around to changing them to coppers soon. I wonder how different my times would be, PP plugs at .043 vs. coppers at .056 ... probably not much, but I only needed .072 seconds to have run a 15.6 on a car with just a cat-back.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Do you notice any diffrence in gas usage and/or power?

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Silver95Bird said:
I decided to yank the plugs today and see what they looked like. They looked to be burning okay, but the gap was .043-.046 ... so I had to regap them to .056, since people here have had good luck with the bigger gaps. Also, these are the double platinum autolites, so I will probably get around to changing them to coppers soon. I wonder how different my times would be, PP plugs at .043 vs. coppers at .056 ... probably not much, but I only needed .072 seconds to have run a 15.6 on a car with just a cat-back.
Looks like your car is running well, with those times, and 'burning ok' plugs. When are you going to the track again? When are you swapping plugs?

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as SOTP changes, it doesn't seem to have more power, but maybe a little better throttle response... i think it was 50/50 on the plugs vs. cleaning the MAF (which wasn't very dirty, but i did it anyway).

I'll check the mileage on my next tank of gas and get back to you on how it goes.

And I'll get plugs some time soon, probably with my next paycheck in 2 weeks... the springs set me back just a tiny bit :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts