And everyone lauging at me?

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=69481

Well who's laughing now at my 40 mpg POS! :zdevil:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just messing with everyone. :D :tongue:

The awesome part about this little car:
In '05 the NADA retail was $2000 with 110K miles
Today, the NADA retail is $2250 with 189k mikles

So I've driven it 79K miles and the value has gone up $250. Can't beat that!! :znanner:

[evil laugh]he he he he he he he[/evil laugh] :evil3:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Yeah, I'm *almost* wishing I'd bought that $700 Aspire I looked at in P'cola. I'd probably be squeezing my fat butt into it every morning to come to work in.... :( Long step down from a Mark though. ;)

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You just had to rub it in huh. Any more repairs to it?
Yes, yes I did. :D

Just normal PM type things like wheel bearings, brakes, tune ups, and the like. The biggest PITA was cleaning the EGR passages... had to pull the intake, and drill out a hole to get to the passage. :redmad:

But nothing that wouldn't be expected on a car with 189K. I run synthetic and it doesn't burn a drop of oil even after 10K miles between changes!!! (I change the filter at 5K) :D

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I'm still VERY happy with my 29 MPG V8 T-Bird LX. I'm looking to get this soon however....(45-50MPG)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
I'm getting 21-22 MPG to and from work. I actually take different way to and from, as each way has a downhill thats just enough to coast without using brakes. Literally 2 miles of the 8 miles drive is coasting. Doing this gave me 2mpg alone.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I'm still laughing at you. I used to own one of those piles of crap. Never again.

My DD is now an 06 Ranger with 4cyl and 5spd transmission. I usually average about 25-26 mpg, but figured out last week that if I go 60mph top speed and accelerate like my grandma, I can get about 30mpg out of it. Personally, I think that's pretty damn good for a truck, even if it is a small one. Besides, even going slow, it's still faster than the a$$fire.

BTW, my truck is lowered 2-4 and I run synthetic in everything from the engine to the axle. I'll probably be making a few more mods to help gas mileage in the next few months.

-Rob

·
Registered
917 Posts
Im looking into a few aspires this week! On the other hand i am also going to be checking out some Suzuki GSXR650's double the money double the power and half the room!

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
You should learn about a magic word called INFLATION your car didn't increase in value thats just the inflation we are all experiencing in everything. Haven't you noticed a spike in gas prices??? And thats a great choice if you want good mileage. I can't touch 40 mpg.

And everyone lauging at me?

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=69481

Well who's laughing now at my 40 mpg POS! :zdevil:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just messing with everyone. :D :tongue:

The awesome part about this little car:
In '05 the NADA retail was $2000 with 110K miles
Today, the NADA retail is $2250 with 189k mikles

So I've driven it 79K miles and the value has gone up $250. Can't beat that!! :znanner:

[evil laugh]he he he he he he he[/evil laugh] :evil3:

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
However, if you have a newer vehicle getting under 20mpg, your value dropped deeper and deeper, way, way down. Good-bye, Wheaties. Good-bye, Hollywood Squares. Good-bye, bling-bling.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should learn about a magic word called INFLATION your car didn't increase in value thats just the inflation we are all experiencing in everything. Haven't you noticed a spike in gas prices??? And thats a great choice if you want good mileage. I can't touch 40 mpg.
That is only partially true. But even if you take into straight inflation the car has still appreciated by $31.55. :tongue:

(http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl $2000 in 2005 is equal to $2218.45 in 2008)

But you have to factor in depreciation that comes from the usage.

Any time I can drive a car for 80K miles and sell it for the same price I paid for it, I'd say it has appreciated in value. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
friend of mine has a 98 w/ the SR20 and a 5 speed... nice car. He gets roughly 25 to 30MPG out of it if he keeps his foot out of it, which admittedly is difficult. Ive driven the car and it just begs to be abused (and takes it like a champ. :D [/hijack]

·
$.25 poster
1,900 Posts
My Bird is my gas saver. I average close to 30mpg on the highway and around 20mpg in town. My jeep on the other hand....forget it, I don't think I have seen over 14mpg...EVER.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
I got you all beat, Yamaha XT250, 80MPG.... or my 1987 TW200 That I average 75mpg.. CITY...

and I can go offroading too :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
i live 6 miles from work so i get to one up all you guys!

i average about 19mph on it, 22mph on a good day. infinite MPG
overall this summer i have bought one tank of gas. plus my legs look awesome.

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
Well, if I tried that here, i would croke in a month..

80+ degress in morning.
15 Mile Bike Ride

90+ degress home + 80% chance of rain
and another 15 miles home..

+ no shower @ office, i would stink and smell all day :)

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I'm gonna live 1/2 mile from work. I currently live 1 mile away, we're just settling for a place in the middle. Oh ya, pretty dang close. A guy at work lives a block away, across an empty lot, so it's a couple-minute walk.

A buddy from work gave me a Mongoose aluminum-frame bike in like-new condition, so now that we'll have a garage, it'll be a nice, short ride. I just have to decide on the Ninja (getting great gas mileage) or the bike (no gas). My mom works a few blocks away, so great for both of us.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Sorry I can't bike I have thought about it after the surgery and yes you've one upped us all. I should bike but usually I barely got the grease and dirty off my arms in time to drive to work earlier this year. I'm not sure I feel like biking after a 12 hours day but on the other days I would totally do it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts