TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any negatives or one to specifically look for? Also what features do you find most appealing? I don't drive my Bird enough but was thinking about one in my everyday-car Sentra.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hey Bruce!! How are you. Are you going to be able to make this Sunday to the meet in Lincoln? It would be great if you could.

I have one made by CrimeStopper. It's been pretty good. It also has the keyless entry and trunk open. Hope to see you Sunday.

Thomas

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thomas A said:
Hey Bruce!! How are you. Are you going to be able to make this Sunday to the meet in Lincoln? It would be great if you could.

I have one made by CrimeStopper. It's been pretty good. It also has the keyless entry and trunk open. Hope to see you Sunday.

Thomas
Hi Thomas, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I have to go Christmas shopping with the wife tommorrow.:mad:

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey everyone, i was just wondering how illegal it would be to put a remote start on my car ( manual ). i mean if i did it i would put a switch in so it would start if it was in gear, but how hard would it be anyway? all i can think of is to hook it up normally, bypass the clutch starter kill switch, and find a way to check if its in gear. am i right? thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have one....

I installed a remote starter on my 5spd F150. I bought an Ultrastart 1250M that is designed to work with a manual transmission. While the vehicle is running you set the park brake and tap the brake. The starter, "arms" and the doors unlock. You turn off the key (engine stays running). Take keys and exit vehicle. When the door shuts, the engine shuts off and the starter is armed for remote start. This ensures that you were out of the vehicle and it was out of gear and running. If you open a door it is disarmed.

http://www.ultrastarters.com

·
Registered
152 Posts
i just looked at thier site and noticed there were no prices listed?? how much did you pay for yours and which model do you have?

·
Registered
192 Posts
remote start installs are a piece of cake. its only about 7 wires needed to hook up. be sure to get a wiring diagram because that will save a lot of hastle. I suggest getting a crimestopper. I have had good luck with mine. I got it on ebay for like 70 shipped. It also included an alarm that was a pain in the *** to install. Good luck

·
Alabama Chapter Director
701 Posts
Hey. Just got mine on for Christmas present on Saturday. Its an Directed Electronics-Avital...its the base for Viper and all that. It works really well. You press the alarm remote to start it and then when you get in the car, you have to place the key in ignition,but dont turn it as far as if you were to crank it up,then press your foot on the brake and the engine overrides the remote start and the car takes over. If say someone where to try to steal it they could not unless they had the key,b/c w/o key and you press brake the car will shut off. You can also turn off the remote start with the alarm remote. Any more questions?
Price was about $399

1 - 9 of 9 Posts