TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, This is my first post here. I have tried to search everywhere for the answer to my question. I just bought a 95 T-bird LX. I found that the Remote Gas Door button is gone, and the only thing in there is a metal piece. I have tried pressing that down to open the gas door and nothing. What is the best course of action - besides getting in the trunk for the manual way. That I can get this issue resolved.

Thanks!
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
You need to see if the wires for the button are still intact, if they are all you need is a button which you can put a want to buy ad out for here on the site.

Good Luck :) and welcome to the club
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,010 Posts
i have a question on the same sort of subject. i depress my button and i can always here the gas door click but 99% of the time it doesn't open. any ideas?
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
coggonobrien said:
i have a question on the same sort of subject. i depress my button and i can always here the gas door click but 99% of the time it doesn't open. any ideas?
the latch on your door probably needs some lubrication. Good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·


This is all that i have, just the knob in the middle....nothing else i can see in there. Sorry for the poor video quality, it's a little hard in the dark...damn winter months
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
andries said:


This is all that i have, just the knob in the middle....nothing else i can see in there. Sorry for the poor video quality, it's a little hard in the dark...damn winter months
Looks like you need a new switch, try junkyards in your area
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I will do. thanks for all your help...much better than the dealership comment! :D
 

·
Baby Huey
Joined
·
3,210 Posts
andries said:
That's what I will do. thanks for all your help...much better than the dealership comment! :D
No problem bud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,978 Posts
for the pia it is to get the said switch out .go buy one from a dealership even marked up they are still cheap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
Sh!t, go to radioshack and buy on there, cheaper and faster.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top