TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I did a search but didnt come up with what I am looking for. If it has been discussed point me in the right direction.

Now, with the factory remote keyless entry on my 97 XR7 why is it that it does not work when the ignition is on. Trunk, Panic, Lock, Unlock do not work. I suppose it is some safety feature, but why?

Does anyone know how or even if I should bother bypassing this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
My 96 acts the same way. It actually got me locked out when I first got it. I started the car to warm up, took the remote and locked the door. Boy, was I surprised to learn that.

For safety is the only thing that I could come up with, but a friend's Chevy remote entry will still work with the key on.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
one safety issue i can come up with is maybe prevent the trunk from being opened with the remote while driving...but if thats the case, why can i still pop my trunk while driving from the button on my armrest console....

what happened to me once was that i was trying to turn my traction off while driving and accidentaly pushed the trunk release button.. :tongue:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
smokymance said:
one safety issue i can come up with is maybe prevent the trunk from being opened with the remote while driving...but if thats the case, why can i still pop my trunk while driving from the button on my armrest console....

what happened to me once was that i was trying to turn my traction off while driving and accidentaly pushed the trunk release button.. :tongue:
I thought the same thing, I also did that once. Was going for the traction control and pop there goes my trunk. But I hit a bump and it closed itself :tongue:

So does anyone know where I can get a wiring schematic for the remote keyless module to see if we can bypass it in anyway without ruining anything?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts