TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any reason you can't run remote mount twin turbos on a 94 bird and is there a benefit to going with a 99 mustang gt motor i have an extra around any help on the twin turbos would be great

·
Super Moderator
7,526 Posts
In theory you could run twin turbos, but it would be a lot more plumbing, and there is really not much benefit provided the one turbo was properly sized. As far as the mustang motor, yes it is much better than the boat anchor in your car now. Do a search for PI swap and you will find out the differences.

Mike

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
If you want to do it, do it and find out for your self. Run T3 turbos from turbocoupes (88-89) manuals they are bigger than the auto ones. Yes, plumbing will be more, but it can be done.

Israel

·
Registered
443 Posts
83 through 86 had the t3 turbo while 87 - 88 had the smaller IHI turbo (i believe one could call it a t1). 89 was the supercoupe (except in mexico where it was still a turbo fox from what ive heard). The turbos on the autos and manuals are the same except the autos had the .48 trim exhaust wheel for quicker spooling but they ran out quicker. The manuals had a .63 trim wheel for more top end but more lag.

I do agree that the .63 turbo would be a better choice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thought about posting a new thread, but it fits here. You guys seen the S197 Stang twin turbo kit from STS? I see MN12 written all over that. For some strange reason I see Sir Will's touch all over that kit. He did get that patent on that, right?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Lithsanatrex said:
i wonder how hard it would be to set one of those up on our cars?

It's beed done. Check Bill's car (Sir William). He's somewhat using the STS kit, but some modifications needed to be done.

Israel

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Sir Will's turbo setup IS the STS kit. He DESIGNED the MN12 setup for them. He can't patent it because it is STS's design.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thomas said:
Sir Will's turbo setup IS the STS kit. He DESIGNED the MN12 setup for them. He can't patent it because it is STS's design.

Really? That sucks. No props for Sir Will? Not until we up the sales then eh? Well, sir, I will not be buying from STS then. No, wait, they're the only ones to go to for this sort of thing, aren't they. Dang.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
They don't offer a kit. They probably never will. But I have exclusive rights to make and sell them. Just an FYI.

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Yup. They hold the patents on remote mounted turbo systems. I have exclusive license to the MN12 and FN10 platforms. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
wow thats pretty awesome you could get a little more credit but hey, anyways do you or them make them for the 3.8 too? and could i get a pm about price??

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Well, I haven't made or sold one to anybody. But then again I don't have the $$ to get all the piping done up and waiting here. So unless somebody wants to put the money down so that I can get the pipes bent up properly, it's just kinda on the back burner.

I'd talk about hittin the lottery, but I don't play the lottery. To me the lottery is just a tax on people who are bad at math. :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Soooo....how much for just the turbo, gate, oil pump, and tune for the MN12? I have been waiting for this for a long time.

Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts