TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I bought one of these things and was going to put it infront of the drivers wheel like I see in all the pics here. Well, turns out I have ABS there. So where do you guys with ABS put these things?? The only place I see is in the front bumper, but I don't know how worried I should be in the event of a 'bump'

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have mine mounted inside the front bumper. Not sure what you mean hit a bump?

I don't see any way a bump will hurt anything.

I had to remove the inner fender to mount it, but can change the filter through the hole in the bumper and out the back of the bumper.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
A bit of oil cooling mounted there as well Dusty;) Would love to remote mine but under boost not advised.

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts

·
The Parts Guy
7,269 Posts
If you're really interested in going to a remote setup, I'd read up on it. I'd say most opinions on the matter will differ from whatever some chief told you.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I thought of you when I read that.

I am pretty sure the Frankencougie has a remote mount also. Probably the same with the Goldbird.

One would not think a blower would increase the oil pressure.

·
Boost!!!
814 Posts
I have mine mounted inside the front bumper. Not sure what you mean hit a bump?

I don't see any way a bump will hurt anything.
I think he's talking about an accident/fender bender jarring or disconnecting it?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
The key is using quality hoses to connect the fittings to the mounts. The hoses in that kit shown are crap, I've personally gone through 3 sets of those from leaking at the fittings. The next install I do will be with stainless steel braided hose and -AN fittings. I plan to have a blower and have no concern about running my remote filter setup. I've also had an oil cooler, and will again. By the time I'm done with my motor lubrication/cooling/filter setup it will be more then most need and probably out value some tbirds, but working for a off-road race company I'm at the point of building in excess. 115+ heat requires thought and planning to avoid catastrophe.

Also as far as placement I'd rather mount it behind the core support or near/behind the crash bumper where the powersteering cooler lives, hanging it out near the tin and plastic I'd be worried about accidents.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
Since when does having or not having boost have to do with whether you should run a remote mount oil filter or not? I fail to see what could be bad about that.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Since when does having or not having boost have to do with whether you should run a remote mount oil filter or not? I fail to see what could be bad about that.
Ask RobertP

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,255 Posts
Is there really an advantage to a ROF? Other than its kind of cool.
It took 10 years, but I finally figured out how to slip in a new one.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
Is there really an advantage to a ROF? Other than its kind of cool.
It took 10 years, but I finally figured out how to slip in a new one.
;) About 6 years here lol, Nice to know the route it takes to get her out :cool:

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The only advantage I've noticed from what I've seen is that you can use a bigger oil filter and you can have it mounted to a more accessible place for filter changes.

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I have a kit from Summit, -10AN stainless braid return / supply with AN fittings to match. I plan on putting the filter in the driver fender. As stated as long as you have good lines, should be ok under boost.

I'm sorry but I'm fed up with the stock location and the mess. I just want an easy oil and filter change in five minutes, not half hour with oil streaming down my arm.

Here it comes...."Oh but I can change out the filter is 3.4 seconds with my eye's closed"

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not worried about the boost, I was more worried about putting it infront of the core support in the front bumper in the event of an accident. Its the only place I can see room though. Thanks for the pics. I see someone is running with that placement though

·
Registered
139 Posts
I run a remote setup on mine. I have a 3.8 supercharged setup and i integrated a oil cooler in line with the filter. Haven't had any issues. It is mounted up in the drivers side bumper area. I used fabricated hydraulic hoses for mine. rated at 3000 psi, just didn't trust the "heater hose" style hoses that came with the kits.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think he's talking about an accident/fender bender jarring or disconnecting it?
Mounted to the inside rear of the bumper, if it gets pushed inside enough to hit the wheel or anything else the car is toast anyway.

I doubt it would drive after that anyway. In case that ever happens I will look for an oil slick around the front wheel.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts