TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a silly question but I figured someone could answer it for me.

I might get a complete manifold-and-up setup from a 2000 Mustang for use in a PI swap for my Thunderbird. Intake, fuel rails, TB, all that jazz. I haven't had a good look at it myself, it's from a friend, and I'm just curious if the Mustang logo plate on the top of the throttle body can be removed and replaced with something else, or is it physically part of the TB unit?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Haha, I was going to say the same thing, but decided to hold back. The plenum is the bottom portion of the intake manifold (in the valley) that feeds the runners.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Ok, regardless of what the particular part is called...
Must we give a newbie a hard time and NOT answer his question?

·
Registered
890 Posts
good i dea with the trophy store , i got one right down the road from me i might have to get something made. i took the pony emblem off and it's been bare since , i might get the walking cat or the cougar head any ideas?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, regardless of what the particular part is called...
Must we give a newbie a hard time and NOT answer his question?
LOL... THANK YOU!

Give me a break, this is the first EFI engine I've really had to deal with. :tongue:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap... I just didn't want a mustang under the hood. If it wasn't removable I'd get an aftermarket one or something. Didn't think such a simple question would make me "ghey." Sorry. I've had a couple emblems and plates CNC-cut for my Elite so I wanted to be able to do something similar for the Thunderbird when I put on the new heads and intake.

As for making it perform how I want... well, I'd want it to perform like the Elite, but I don't think these fancy newfangled 4.6-liters can quite measure up to my 521 big block ;) (and don't go pulling the supercharger card on me! LOL)

Much better handling and gas mileage, though :D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Holy crap... I just didn't want a mustang under the hood. If it wasn't removable I'd get an aftermarket one or something. Didn't think such a simple question would make me "ghey."...
I don't blame you, I am the same way; I wouldn't want a Mustang emblem on my Thunderbird either. Just like I don't want my rear bumper to say "Thunderbird SC" on my LX. There are plenty of people here who will jump down your throat if you don't view things exactly like them. Just take what they say with a grain of salt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts