TCCoA Forums banner

Removing 1996 Cougar roof trim.

933 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Fasteddie304 
#1 ·
This may have been answered in a previous thread but I can’t find it. I recently bought a 96’ Cat and have the typical wet trunk. I’m wanting to check the body seams under the roof trim as my headliner by the back glass is shot and I figured that might be a good start on the leak. Can someone tell me how to remove the roof trim a good cut and dried answer please and pictures are great too thanks.

#4 ·
The seams between the quarterpanels and the filler panel between the back glass and deck lid are the typical leak point on the MN12 Cougar body. Might save you the trouble of pulling the roof trim/drip rails.

#5 ·
Think I will try using silicone on those for starters just a thin coat I’ve seen several people say theirs was leaking in the same place. I’m gonna try doing a leak test when it gets a lil warmer. I’m only concerned as my headliner is crap around the back glass and also it seemed as if it was coming in around the taillights but it could’ve been running down on the inside of the car back to the taillight area. More investigation to come but I’m starting at the quarter/filler panel. It amazes me how they leak I’ve had mustangs my whole life with only minor leak issues bad seals or body twisted do to torque. It’s amazing Ford didn’t recall these and the T-Birds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.