TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm going to have my converters removed and replaced with custom downtubes and was wondering if I should have them weld in all 4 o2 bungs or should I just have 2 or 1 put in ??

I'm goiong tio have this done once the weather breaks and I'll be getting a custom tune sometime soon afterward so I don't know if I need to have any of the 4 sensors after the tune or should I just have 1 bung welded in for tuning purposes.

I've got all the bolt-ons plus ported PI heads, VT cams and custom dual exhaust from the converters back. I just need to know what I should have before I get the work done.

Thanks,
Jon

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
if your getting a tune then just have the first two bungs welded in, those 2 control the air fuel ratio for the left and right banks, the rears are just to monitor catalytic efficiency..

i dont have tune or a chip, so i have the check engine light from hell

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure which ones I needed to keep.

Red96Bird........are you back in Michigan yet ? Your sig says you were moving back. What area are you moving back to ? Just wondering. I finally caught a break at work tonight.......running 2 machines and both have long run times between changing parts so I can do a little posting and catch up on reading some posts. LOL

Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i gutted my cats but left all 4 sencors in and hooked up and i have no check light in my 96 4.6 so i guess im good for now lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.