TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked my car up a week ago and the dealers put a sticker on the rear bumper. i fi i remove it will there be any problems with the paint. i know to get it off the metal u just peel it and use goo gone but where this is the bumper i wasnt sure. Thanks.

Frank

·
Registered
137 Posts
TonySTBiRD said:
use a blow dryer to heat it up before u take it off, this will help it from leaving that nasty sticky stuff on the car.....

TOny
I got lucky in that they had just put mine on while I was signing the paperwork. I pulled over at the nearest gass station (Why do they never sell cars with full gas tanks?) and it came right off.
:zsoapbox:
I have never liked the idea of free advertising for a dealership.

If you want to have a little fun, and the negotiations are not going well anyway, insist that they not put a sticker on the car. It's fun to watch them stammer and come up with excuses why they won't leave it off. I had one guy tell me that there was a Federal law requiring it!:crazy:

:bs:

·
Registered
22 Posts
When we got a new car we told them not to put any stickers on it and they didnt.
I would do the blow drier to heat it up and them peel it off, dont wait too long or else the paint may fad a tad and then the paint behind the sticker will not be affect and you will ahve a funn dark paint spot on your bumper

Todd

1 - 4 of 4 Posts