TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has pics of there car without door fenders, i was thinking of getting them removed and was wondering what a tbird looks without them, so if anyone can post pics to help that would be great

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the 94 and 95 the doors have bumper like moldings that stick out and some people have taken them off

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
It isn't a bird, but the doors and that part of the quarter panels are the same. I'm happy with the way it looks without the side moldings.

-Rod

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
shaggy433 said:
howd you take them off?
I took mine off before the car was painted, but you can use the same method without doing any damage to the paint. Just use a length of fishing line to cut the adhesive that attaches them to the body. Moving the fishing line up and down in a sawing motion works well. Then just use some Goo Gone to get rid of any residue.

-Rod

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
"fenders", That's what I thought you were trying to describe... kinda makes our cars sound like a boat or a barge. :tongue:

Being an 11 yr old FL car you might have some subtle difference in the paint color due to 11 yrs of sun fade?

You might end up with ghost moldings...

OT, racecougar - Is that a tbird interior you swapped in? It looks like a black dash/wheel, just curious.

btw that car is awesome. As much as I like the newer front clip my 89' grew on me over the years. With the new style interior and all the other work you've done that body style came out really sharp and clean looking.

I've been sick of the racing striped look since the eighties. It's so over and poorly done but you nailed it on that Cougar, looks nice. I've thought so since I first saw it ages ago. Everything came together real nice and flows.

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
Southpaw said:
OT, racecougar - Is that a tbird interior you swapped in? It looks like a black dash/wheel, just curious.

The majority of the interior is from a 97 Tbird. The steering wheel is actually one of the few stock pieces on the car (90 XR7).

Southpaw said:
I've been sick of the racing striped look since the eighties. It's so over and poorly done but you nailed it on that Cougar, looks nice.
Ditto, but it just worked perfectly with this car and these colors, so I went with it.

-Rod

1 - 9 of 9 Posts