TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Thunderbird with the 4.6L V8. A few days ago the fan motor seized up. I tried everywhere to get the whole shroud, fan, motor assembly and nobody could get me one. So I bought the fan motor from autozone and am waiting on it to arrive (Had to order online since the local stores didn't have one, should be here tomorrow). So I proceeded to drill out the rivets on the old motor.

Which leads me to my question, how do I separate the fan blade from the old motor so I can pull it out of the shroud? I removed the little retainer clip on the front, but I'm at a loss on what to do now? Does it just pull of, or do I have to remove that shaft that it's on?

·
The Parts Guy
7,273 Posts
GibsonSG said:
I tried everywhere to get the whole shroud, fan, motor assembly and nobody could get me one.
You must not have tried here. I have a couple complete fans in stock.

The fan blade should come right off after you remove the retaining clip. I've never had one stuck on the shaft. You may just need to pull on it a little.

-Rod

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
racecougar said:
You must not have tried here. I have a couple complete fans in stock.

The fan blade should come right off after you remove the retaining clip. I've never had one stuck on the shaft. You may just need to pull on it a little.

-Rod
Well, I ment I tried everywhere local. All the autoparts stores and wrecking yards. I didn't want to have to wait for shipping if I didn't have to.

Yeah, it popped right off... I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something else I needed to do before trying to pull it off. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts