TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to take the antenna base from the fender off, on the outside? ive tried and my patience are low i almost pried it off since ill b doing bodywork anyway but i had better not :p

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
You need a special tool. If you look at the antenna base, there will be a piece on top that looks like a disc with either 2 or 4 notches in it (forget how many) anyway that is a nut that you need to loosen and there is a special socket that has prongs that go into those notches to loosen it. If you don't want to buy the special tool, you could try putting a screwdriver into one of the notches and using a hammer to try to knock it loose.

Mike

·
Registered
110 Posts
when I stored mine I just used a wrench. I am wondering how hard it is to swap out to a motorized one.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
96TBirdMan said:
when I stored mine I just used a wrench. I am wondering how hard it is to swap out to a motorized one.
that's just the mast. I think he wants to remove the entire assembly.

·
Dim Bulb
3,499 Posts
Biggie95 said:
is it possible to take the antenna base from the fender off, on the outside? ive tried and my patience are low i almost pried it off since ill b doing bodywork anyway but i had better not :p
You have to remove the splash guard, period

Desert Rat said:
Is this how the power antenna is removed as well?
Yes

96TBirdMan said:
Pretty straight forward, really. Pull the splash guard out, remove a nut on the inside of the fender, remove the nut holding the antenna to the fender (on the outside), and pull everything off. Installing the new power antenna you're gonna need the new antenna/motor assembly, the wiring, and either a) the automatic control module from a 94-97 or b) the switch from an 89-93, then run the corresponding wiring

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a fender with the power antenna still on it and the fender is off the car. I'll take a picture for you. I can not remember right this second how the thing is mounted....I just know that removing the fender was not any more difficult than removing the one on the driver sied.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
MadMikeyL said:
You need a special tool. If you look at the antenna base, there will be a piece on top that looks like a disc with either 2 or 4 notches in it (forget how many) anyway that is a nut that you need to loosen and there is a special socket that has prongs that go into those notches to loosen it. If you don't want to buy the special tool, you could try putting a screwdriver into one of the notches and using a hammer to try to knock it loose.

Mike

I uesd a pair of needle nose pliers on mine, worked great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts