TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a locking lug nut i just noticed because i never removed my rear wheels before. i don't know if it's a factory one or not. wouldn't suprise me if it was aftermarket because the previous owner did a lot of stupid things to the car including ruining the motor trying to change the head gasket when the problem was with the intake manifold.

anyway, how do i get this locking lug nut off without the key? i heard something about hammering a regular socket over it, but i don't know what size, does anybody know which size 'cause i'd rather not ruin a bunch of sockets trying to figure it out. or any other ideas? anything that doesn't involve the words "cutting torch"? thanx....

·
Banned
5,377 Posts
$5 to take off a lock at any discount tire.....if they break something they pay for it..

but yes a hammer/chisel and some patience will get it off

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I went to discount tire, they torched it for like 3 seconds than grabbed some plyers and bam it was gone

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
ps... I found it the lug key 2 days later in the ashtray... doh! >.<

·
Registered
630 Posts
Porkchop said:
$5 to take off a lock at any discount tire.....if they break something they pay for it..

but yes a hammer/chisel and some patience will get it off
HAHA this man speaks the from the heart... I work at discount tire tell them your a friend of Richards from azp29 in Arizona and they will do it for free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts