TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its a 93 3.8L high flow cats to di/so magnaflow midmounted. i have been hating the drone lately and want to get rid of it. i have pondered using a different muffler/add some mufflers/glasspacks but i dont want to go through all the trial and error stuff not to mention the money to have them put in or taken off. so my next option was to just take out the muffler all together and replace with a straight pipe.

i dont really care too much on sound, yes it may become ricey sounding but the drone kills me lol

so with that said, would i lose a noticeable low end torque by doing this? i dont need this car fast (2 toolboxes, a 1 ton jack, and 2 12" subs are in the trunk so it dont go anywhere to begin with)

thanks
Dean

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did notice a pretty big loss in bottom end torque when one of my mufflers fell off.

Replaced it and it felt like it pulled strongly again.

I have a SC with 3.27s in it so it's pretty easy to feel in first on take off, and the shift to second is where it should really pull.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
drone??

if there is any, you can add a pair of muffs in the stock location and that will kill most all of it

or so i hear

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea mine drones terribly cruising at 2K rpm at 70 mph i just want to get rid of the drone cheapest way possible with doing least damage to my so called "performance" lol just dont want to make it slower and more sluggish than it already is

1 - 4 of 4 Posts