TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,516 Posts
As was said, 91s don't have airbags, but I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you already know that, and are referring to a 94-97.

On the sides of the steering wheel, you will see 2 small round plugs that you can pop out, one on each side. Pop that out, and there will be one bolt on each side, I believe it is an 8mm. Remove each of those bolts, and the airbag will come away from the steering wheel enough for you to unplug it. On the back of the airbag, there will be 1 or 2 connectors, I forget if the bird has 2 or not, but I think it does. Anyway, use a small screwdriver to unplug them, and that is it. For the wheel itself, once the airbag is out of the way, remove the one nut in the center, and grab both sides of the wheel and start wiggling it while pulling towards you, and it will come off.

·
The Parts Guy
7,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
i pulled the wheel on my red sc when i changed the column, its just one 15mm bolt in the center. Problem your going to have is finding the right steering wheel pulley. Only place I found that had once that was small enough to fit in there was autozone, I rented it for free.

But as mikey said, you can wiggle it and sometimes it'll come, if its been on there since 91 though you may need the pulley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts