TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm removing the front and rear bumper covers from my brother's 89 SuperCoupe (RIP).

Anything special I need to know, or is this a straight forward operation using basic tools?

Knowing how Ford likes to make things difficult got me to ask this question. I don't want to be out there pissing around getting pissed off at the car :p. Like I was 3 weeks ago trying to change my fuel filter :rolleyes:.

Kevin.

·
drag-aholic
1,056 Posts
the rear has the plastic push things along the bottom middle and about 14 nuts inside the trunk. Also there is 1 nut on each side down in the rear coners, where the floor stops and there is a deep pocket. and the screws n the frender well.
the front has the screws in the fender well, push things in the bottom middle, a screw behind each corner light, and you will probably have to remove the fender liner. there are 2 nuts behind that corner light in the front bumper skin. i think thats it. you'll have to pull outward from each side first for the studs in the skin to clear their holes then away from the car. i just did mine about 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wouldn't you know it - car ramps are NOT necessary :D! Well - they would have helped, but I'm pleasently suprised at how easy it was to get them off.

The toughest part was the front bumper cover, where the fenders have to be unbolted up top, and pulled away from the car. A few cuts, and the 2 bolts on each side were off.

Overall - very easy. The hard part now, will be to attach the broken 'teeth' of the bumpers. Maybe some epoxy, and piano wire screwed top and bottom. What ever works, eh?

Oh yeah - I got the side pieces off to - the only wrecked piece was the driver's door panel (steel), but the urethane pieces were OK :).

I even detached the rear sway bar with the car on the ground!

Thanks for the tips guys -

Kevin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts