TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm bored after all the finals at school...

I'm thinking more and more about removing the Tbird emblem from the front grille, or painting it black...

finally found this Photo of a 96/97 bird without the bird emblem here on member's rides:

http://www.tccoa.com/rides/warpat.shtml

I want to know what you guys think...I can't decide if it looks good or not.

and bear in mind, my car is a light denim blue, not black...

anyway. let me pls know aht you guys think. If any of you have done it, let me see pics...

and btw, Will it be difficult to remove from the frille?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
825 Posts
i would leave it but it's your car if you take it off you can always put it back it you don't like it

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
just rembember this you have to take the bumper off .I changed mine to mesh with a 4.6 logo when i painted my car. the corner lamps need to come off then the screws in the wheel wells then underneath the car there are bolts that bolt the bumper to the fender. and the plastic air dam underneath has to be remove then the cover can come off.

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
i had to because i could not get my huge hands down there to do it . you cna try going in from the top but hood latch needs to be removed i don't have one but i couldn't reach the screw because of the bumper reinforcment plastic piece the bumper slides over

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Personally, I don't think removing the bird from the front of the car does anything positive to it...especially on a 96-97....that was like the main focal point of the front end....that huge-*** bird in the front of the car! it's freakin' cool....hell, I have a tatoo of that huge *** bird :) So I guess you could say that I like it and I would leave it...What would be REALLY COOL would be no grill, and a floating bird emblem

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Earl said:
....hell, I have a tatoo of that huge *** bird :)
Let's see it...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Be different. Take it out.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Grasshopper said:
Let's see it...
I'll have somebody take a pic of it....I'm getting a running horse (mustang) next to it as soon as I have an extra bit of money to blow :)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Well, here's a couple of pics of it removed on a car closer to your color. Keep in mind that mine's actually a 94 Cougar with a nose job, but you get the idea. Also, the honeycomb grill is solid behind the bird, so even if you take the bird off, it won't stand out, but you'll still have a bird image in the middle. You can really see this in the second pic.

Mike

·
Registered
871 Posts
I like the painted look...

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
man the bird is a symbol of a great car. and an american icon that i have everywhere. my brother has it on his arm too. i thought about it but im not sure. its ur car but removing it makes like every honda out there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
one of my friends gave me a 9 inch neon tube which i put behind the front grill, i think it looks pretty good, although with just one light on the car its kinda weird, dont have any pics does sound a little like a ricer but oh well i barely ever have it on

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
that would b cool to have the bird emblem in the front then at night it lit up indiglo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts