TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I tried to figure out how to remove the wiper arms off my 89 bird so I could paint the plastic underneath black again. But to no avail. I cannot for the life of me figure it out. I know that there has to be a nut on it holding it to the gear, but I can't figure out how to get to the nut. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:rolleyes:

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Usually you have to lift the arm up and pull out the lever.

once the lever is out, let the arm down and then pull the whole thing straight up.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
On my dad's 91 cougar I had to pull the wiper arm up away from the windshield, then there is a little black piece a.k.a. slide latch (as stated above) that you need to push to the roof of the car with the wiper still in the air. then wiggle it off. not sure about yours but my dad's had 1 small black block on both arm's that need to go back in. I beleive they help keep the wiper in place.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I will try that. I was expecting a nut or something.:tongue:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
nope no nuts!!!!

·
Registered
859 Posts
You don't really need that black nut. I took mine off to have the wipers park down lower on the windshield. I wanted to hide them behind the cowl on my hood. However, if you leave them in, you can put the wipers in the exact same position they were in when you took them off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts