TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*sigh*

There's nothing more depressing to me right now than knowing that I have the parts I need and the people I need to get my car running, but not the place/equipment I need.

As a few of you know by now, the transmission in my '93 Mark VIII is toast. I picked up a used '98 tranny the other weekend, which I had arranged for someone to put into the car this past weekend. The short end of the story is that things didn't work out, and now I don't know how I'm going to get this job done.

I've got the parts, and I know some people that would help me with the work, but I just can't see getting the job done in my driveway with the car on jackstands. I've heard of "Auto Hobby Shops" on military bases, where you could rent a garage bay with lift and tools for a few hours or a whole day. Does anyone know of a civilian business like this in the Orlando area? The nearest military base I know of is MacDill, and I'd much rather not drive my car that far in 2nd gear.

Thanks in advance.

- Iszi

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, no one knows anywhere for this? How about someone that wouldn't mind helping me do the job in my driveway on jackstands?

·
Banned
998 Posts
Sure thing I am willing to help.

As I am sure I would love the help when i have to do my swaps to.

But I do have a garage @ home that does help. :)

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
there are no shops around here that do that

i wish.. i'd lend a hand.. but have my own project i'm dealing with on my days off.. only a year behind :zwall:

droppin the trans was fairly easy.. took us about 30 min.. you need some BIG jackstands? i can lend you my set

1 - 6 of 6 Posts