TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious as to everyone else's "experiences"... :D

What is the most money you have spent to "fix" a problem, when the "actual" repair was considerably less expensive? :2huh:

I'll start... :leftright

Vehicle: 65 Mustang
Problem: Every time I would take a hard left turn I would have a tire rub a fender. Right turns did not have the symptom.
Money spend repairing: $350 to rebuild a front suspension
Actual cost to repair problem: $1.50 to put fluid in the power steering reservoir.

The low fluid was sloshing to the side of the reservoir and the pump was sucking air.... sounded just like a tire rubbing... :redmad:

Go ahead and fess up, I know we've all had experiences like that!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Vehicle: 89 Cougar
Problem: rough idle, wouldn't rev out, tranny shifting erratically
Money Spent: 5,500 on 97 Cougar
Actual cost: 8 dollars in spark plugs

On the other hand I now have an 8 year newer car with a V8 and still have the 89.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
1994 explorer
problem: every time I hit a pot hole I would get a loud clanging noise (sounded like bad ball joints/ or broken spirng), after replacing the ball joints (which were only a little warn) checked the springs.

Money spent: new upper lower ball joints both sides don't remember exactly but it wasn't cheap.

actual cost: .72$ I had a missing screw that secures the metal headlight gaurd so when I hit a pot hole it would bounce against the rest of the grill gaurd...

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Damn im gonna burnt for this...

96 bird...

had a rattle in the front suspension....

strut rod bushings-
strut mounts-
sway bar end links--

actual problem.... F'n top shock to mount nut was loose...grrr..

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I replaced the entire Multifunction switch because only the high beams worked. Low beams did not. Since the low beams went out simultaneously I knew it couldn't be the bulbs. After buying the switch, taking the steering column apart, and installing a new one, I found out that it IS possible for BOTH bulbs to blow at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts