TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 Thunderbird LX 4.6. I am trying to find out why it wont start. Using the "search" here, got to this point and now I am stumped and need a schematic.
I took the CCRM from my 1996 t-bird and swapped with the 95 and the 96 still started and 95 still did not. The #15 fuse is good and I can hear the CCRM click when I unplugged the fuse.
Other things I noted where:
Tach moves when cranking, I do not hear the fuel pump. No pressure on the fuel rail schreader valve, It has the climate control A/c and the display reads 88 deg E (Yes "E"), I heard a funny tone noise from the right kick panel area once after cranking the first day of "no start". This is not our daily driver. I only drive it once a month around my property to keep it good health. Also when I hooked up the scanner all I got was a error with key off and key on - eng off all it did was go into a "read" loop over and over. Too bad the 96 has a different pcm.

Prosit!

Rich

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
When in key on engine off, is the check engine light on?

·
5,650 Posts
The tones you heard were likely from the air bag diagnostic monitor. The "88 E" from the climate control means the unit is damaged or has bad power going to it. Have you had your battery checked? A bad battery can cause a lot of strange things to happen.

If the battery checks out ok, you'll want to check the Black/Pink stripe wire coming from the CCRM connector. This goes to the fuel pump and if it has voltage during the first few seconds that the key is turned ON, the fuel pump is at least getting power from the CCRM. It may then be a case of the wiring to the fuel pump or the fuel pump itself just died.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The battery is good. It cranks over very strong. I keep a battery minder on all my cars. Thanks for the tips. I will test the voltage tonight. I do know the "clock spring" in the steering wheel has a broken connector. (That connector is so dang flimsy.) So I get the Air-Bag light flashing a code intermittentlly. I did notice the last time I heard the fuel pump, it sounded lower and slower. Think the first thing I will do, is tow it 100 yards w/ my 1951 8N to my workshop so I can get it up in the air.

Thanks Again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fuse is good. Going to pull the PCM so I can get another one with the same P/N. Glad this is just a extra car.

Thanks All.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice. Will have to check out the Houston Chapter. None of my t-bird have current stickers on the windshield right now. Y'al would have to come out to my place. I would supply the beer & BBQ though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I got the PCM out today. It was very easy to remove, I got very familiar with the das assy during a AC evaporator R&R. That helped some.

Part Number: A5W0 EEC-V
F5SF-12A650-CA

·
Super Moderator
10,578 Posts
Tbirdguy, check that link today... :(

I really liked his site.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Got the replacement ECU today. Taking 1/2 day off to put it in. It's P/N ends with "CA". So I know it is not a California one and has A5WO so it should work. Will post my results later

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I now have 12 volts at the shut off switch in the trunk but still do not hear the fuel pump. Next is a new pump. gonna use the tractor to pull it back to my shop and get it on the lift.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts