TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no power steering so I took my car into a repair shop and was told that the steering rack needed to be replaced along with the power steering pump,cost me $500.00 total but now with the wheels straight the steering wheel is actually upside down and there's is a really nasty grinding sound coming from the front end, anyone have any idea's?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I was told the power steering rack repalcement was a 5 hour job. At $75 an hour plus a $200 part, something doesn't add up. Take it back..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Monday I'm having the car towed to a shop,different shop the one that did the steering rack is out of business!,hopefully they can figure out why my fuel pump seems to work when it wants to! also gonna have em look over the whole car and see what else they find.I've heard nothing but good things about this shop so i'm not too worried about them half assing like the last place.I have a lot of plans for this car once I can get it running!
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The shop is out of buisness? How long was the rack in before it started making the noises?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the car in yesterday,got a call this morning from them,bad fuel pump,total with new filter is $516.00 so hopefully today maybe tomorrow I get my car back!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
That's not as bad as my work van..... took it to the dealer and was told the trans needed to be rebuilt or replaced, along with endlinks..... total for a new trans and endlinks..... $3500

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got the car back! It's running pretty good but It still needs some minor work like all the fluids replaced, and oil filter and maybe seafoam it! And then i'll start work on the suspension,feels a little mushy! Bur hey for $200.00 I think I got a pretty good deal!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
You mean 1216.00 don't you? Even so, I guess its still a pretty good deal if the rest of the car is solid.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so I found out what the nasty noise from the front end was! I guess when the guy's we"re working the power steering they bent the brake shields,I just pushed the shields back a little and now no noise! But I still need to work on the suspension! i'm getting the clunking noise over bumps and the whole suspension just feels too soft for my liking!

·
Registered
871 Posts
But I still need to work on the suspension! i'm getting the clunking noise over bumps and the whole suspension just feels too soft for my liking!
Good to hear it was something simple, the suspension has to be one of the biggest problems on these cars, I suggest trying to replace all of it, you wont regret it :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah i'll slowly be rebuilding the suspension,probably won't do anything engine wise not building this for race or show just a nice daily driver.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts